On se protège contre le coronavirus
Dernière mise à jour : 28 mars 2020
This is a message from Professor Wong Kin-Chung, a medecal professor in USA, to his students in a chat group. Very well said. (Translator Alice’s note: the original message was in Chinese, I am translating this for the benefit of my non-Chinese reading family and friends residing overseas. With apolgies to Professor Wong, I have made some editorial changes while not affecting the meaning of the original message.)
Now ......there are lots of suspected and confirmed cases (of coronavirus) where the patients cannot be admitted into hospital.This is understandable.It is simply not possible for any city in normal times to build and maintain so many infectious disease hospitals and hospital beds, and to have so many qualified infectious disease control medical staff to be on stand by.
In reality, even if you go into hospital, they do not have any special treatment that target (the coronavirus), they only offer supportive therapy.It won’t help to get frustrated if you can’t get into hospital. Do as I say below. It would help delay the progress of your condition, while waiting for admission.
I have been a doctor as well as a nutritionist for decades. My method is scientifically based. Please feel free to circulate my message to your other chat groups, my advice may help people who find themselves in the situations I describe.
I am not recommending self healing, only to use everyday actions to buy time.... to improve one’s general health condition while waiting for hospital admission.
1. Patients’ family members, on entering and leaving home, should rinse their mouths with salted water, using cold water, not hot.Cold water will contract blood vessels in one’s mouth and throat, thereby reducing chances of viruses entering one’s blood stream.Salted water can stabilise the s-protein on the virus’ surface, making it less easy to attach to the mucous membranes. To enter human bodies, the coronavirus first has to bind itself to certain specific proteins in the membrane and then self multiply massively.So rinse your mouth frequently, it will be even better if you use mouth rinse that contains alcohol.
2. If you have been tested positive but cannot be hospitalised, your only option is to self-isolate at home (in a room by yourself), wearing a mask all the time.Family members must also wear masks at all times. So long as there is no transmission via droplets, transmission of the virus is unlikely. Clean your house using 75% alcohol, clean every corner and even the furniture.Alcohol kills this virus. As does high heat, so use hot water of over 60 degrees to wash your clothes. This virus cannot survive heat above 60 degrees.For shoes or clothes that can’t be washed in hot water above 60 degrees,clean them with disinfectant.
3. Those tested positive but not too unwell, drink lots of water.It doesn’t have to be lots of water each time, a few sips are sufficient. Drink frequently, keep the body hydrated.Garlic, ginger and onions also have properties that help one’s fight against this virus, eat raw or make into drinks to consume. Ginger is best. Make drinks by boiling fresh ginger in water, it will help one’s blood circulation which in turn boosts the immune system. Good immune system is of overriding importance whether or not one gets hospitalised.
4. Hot chicken soup is a common American remedy for colds and flus, which even doctors recommend.Drink more.Go to the pharmacy to buy high dosage Vitamin C, 4000mg daily.Vitamin C affects virus’ self duplication, and can also stabilise the blood vessels’ outer surface, helping to reduce seepage of infection from the lungs.Drink red wine (not white).Red wine contains polyphenol which acts like hormones to protect tissues against inflammation.This is in line with the treatment recommendations issued by the health authorities in China.
5. Eat more mushrooms.Good mushrooms, like shiitake, contain properties that stimulate the immunity system. The Japanese have done much research in mushrooms.Must soak well before cooking, in order to get rid of any remnants of agricultural insecticides. If you have Lingzhi, that’s even better. Eat good shiitake mushrooms (not the cheap produce).Ginseng and american ginseng are also good for boosting the immune system. Cook with chicken to make soup.
6. Small amount of aspirin (5-20 mg) also helps. Other than being anti inflammatory, it reduces the viscosity of the blood. Available information suggests that confirmed patients' blood contains elevated Plasma D-dimer Count, suggesting a higher viscosity and reduced circulation rate. Such is not conducive to healthy regenerative acticities of one's immunity system, but rather favours the virus'replication. In Chinese medicine, astragalus, codonopsis and American ginseng contain flavonoids, protection cells from severe damage. Without these, eating soy beans would help.
7. The key is to keep eating (=nourishment). If you have no appetite for solids, liquidise your food. Just eat anything that you fancy. So long as you eat, the problem is manageable. Monitor your urination (translator's note: = body hydration). You have to pee numerous times a day, in normal quantity.
Thank you! Can circulate! Take good care of yourselves and your families